Rocket Bunny RX-7 comes alive

1/10 Tamiya Mazda RX-7 with Demi Works Rocket Bunny kit

Cya folks, welcome back at the second and final post about my Samurai RX-7! There is a lot of updates, so let's cut the intro short and get into it!

If you missed it, check the start of this build.


Since the last post, I have made a rollcage using 5mm/3mm styrene sticks and 0,5mm styrene sheet glued with plastic model glue.

1/10 Mazda RX-7 rollcage

Painted by a red color to match the shell color scheme, it looks dope.

1/10 Mazda RX-7 rollcage

I have also fitted a simple styrene dashboard and glued both pieces in with shoe goo. Both side windows are cut opened to bring some more detail.

1/10 Mazda RX-7 rollcage

I have masked the intercooler and painted with black and silver from an angle to create an illusion of deep radiator ribs. Exhaust tip is made from an aluminum tube, wrapped around by electrical tape and painted by a nail polish to create a gloss finish.

1/10 intercooler and exhaust tip

Since there is no good place in the Rocket Bunny nose to add blinkers, I have drilled through the side mirrors and placed an orange LEDs inside. For the exhaust illumination, I decided to try two color LEDs (red and orange), which will flash independently.

1/10 side mirrors with LED and exhaust tip

For the headlights, I wanted to take a challenge and make a servo-driven pop-ups. Each light has its' own servo and is controlled separately. It was one of a story to make it work, as a part to make this shell stand out from a crowd of all the RB RX-7s, it is a 100 percent worth it.

1/10 Mazda RX-7 servo driven pop-up headlights

The headlights operate smoothly and with some additional pieces to secure the mechanism, I hope they would last long without breaking.

1/10 Mazda RX-7 servo driven pop-up headlights

Quite a bunch of wires if you ask me, but after sorting out few electrical gremlins, whole assembly should get the job done.

1/10 Mazda RX-7 wiring

You can see the lights in action here on this short video.


After this, the rest was an easy job. I added a decent lexan lip under the front bumper and painted the screws black to match the rest of the car.

1/10 Mazda RX-7 lexan lip

As I mentioned earlier, whole Demi Works kit is very soft and fragile, so I added some spare lexan pieces on the back side of the bumper, stiffening it to endure the abuse, which is definitely going to come. The intercooler will contribute in this department too.

1/10 Mazda RX-7 intercooler

Opened sunroof makes a cool addition to the overall look of the body.

1/10 Mazda RX-7 sunroof

On the rear end, I added a wire supports for the WANG and slapped some stickers. Exhaust is on the place and a hand crafted Mazda badge fits well.

1/10 Mazda RX-7 wing

Aaand here is the complete package!

1/10 Tamiya Mazda RX-7 with Demi Works Rocket Bunny kit

Front to back - IMHO - a successful build. Now only waiting for a set of body magnets and we will be ready to rock and roll!!

1/10 Tamiya Mazda RX-7 with Demi Works Rocket Bunny kit

I can already say, that this it my last build until the next winter, as I am going to deal with quite a lot of real life stuff. I will still do drifting and add some articles on this blog here and there, but my main focus will be elsewhere.

Anyways, take care and remember to keep it fun!

Comments

  1. RX 7 Advanced Crack
    I am very impressed with your post because this post is very beneficial for me and provide a new knowledge to me

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts