To the 2018 with Yokomo YD-2S Plus!!

Yokomo YD-2S Plus build

Hello again! A new chassis announcement! I had that small voice in my head for some time, whispering me to come and join a dark side of Yokomo.

After trying a drift competition for the first time, I had realized I would need a more capable machine to move up on the ladder, so I waited no more and purchased this beauty!


Yokomo YD-2S Plus build

The build begins. So far so good.

Yokomo YD-2S Plus build

I was absolutely amazed with the quality of all parts.

Yokomo YD-2S Plus build

Everything is well thought and solid with no flex or slop.

Yokomo YD-2S Plus build

The build is very easy and quick. It really shows up, how much effort goes to design and quality control of Yokomo products.

Yokomo YD-2S Plus build

After Sakura, hands down the overall experience is a night and day difference.

Yokomo YD-2S Plus build

I pulled out those +11 MST wheels to fit the upcomming MX-5 body.

Yokomo Big bore shocks build

From the Sakura, I have a really good experience with this mod. Drilling an extra holes to the shock piston to make the rear shocks even quicker.

Yokomo Big bore shocks build

And filling with a 150 shock oil.

Yokomo YD-2 Big bore shocks build

Really nice dampers, I cannot wait to fully test them.

Yokomo YD-4 and YD-2

Electronics are mounted, so I am finally ready to test the beast.

I am really hyped to see how different it will be to the Sakura, especially because those two chassis are actually on the same price level.
Although Sakura is full aluminum now, after seeing the Yokomo quality, I believe it will be quite a close competition.
The reason I chose the YD-2 is, however, that the Sakura has already cost me too much and it would be really hard and expensive to push it to the competition level I am hoping to enter in 2018.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts